At the end of my first day with the Light Phone 2… here are my thoughts:
- I do feel instantly ‘lighter’. Knowing that I cannot check my social media, email, etc. seems to have helped keep my mind present and less cluttered/busy. My thoughts aren’t wondering to all that ‘stuff’… at least not as much as before. Honestly, it’s a relief to not have access to social media at all times
- Years of using a smart phone have conditioned me to the way it works. Using a new interface is going to take some getting used to.
- I really, really, really like the simplicity and ‘calmness’ of the Light Phone 2 screen compared to the stimulating busyness of my smart phone.
- Smart phones are really easy to text on… again, it’s going to take some time to get used to the new screen and lack of predictive text.
- So far (early days, I know!) I’m incredibly glad that I’ve made this change.
A little anecdote… I went to a local coffee shop today and was struck by how many people were in there staring at their phone screens. Inwardly, I felt happy to not be doing that anymore. This positive feeling put a little skip in my step as I left with my espresso, happy to be #goinglight.