THINGS THAT I BELIEVED WHEN I WAS SUFFERING FROM ANXIETY:
- Something terrible was about to happen.
- Even in the absence of any symptoms, I was ill and going to die.
- I was going to die and it was somehow my own fault.
- I was not hungry and did not need food, because my body did not have long left.
- These were not merely anxiety attacks – they were messages from my own body as it tried to tell me that something was wrong.
- I needed to know what was wrong with – the uncertainty was excruciating.
- Physicians and medical tests are hugely flawed and rarely right when they say you are healthy. However, I would have totally believed them if they told me that I had bubonic plague and was about to die.
- The slightest small twinge in my body meant a severe underlying ailment.